The idea of our expeditions is that that are funded by the individuals themselves. Raising the funds is part of the process and more importantly part of the fun.
Paying for themselves to go on the trip will teach them valuable skills about budgeting and money management, which will come in handy later on in life, especially if they decide to go on to university.
There are two ways to raise the funds
- Raising money as individuals
- Raising money through the expedition team and their peers
We want to help you! Having been organising expeditions for many years we know what works and what doesn't.
How will we help?
Our expedition fund raising pack - it works!
- Fund raising matrix - by breaking the costs up, the targets look easier to achieve
- UK1 Training - during the UK1 training course we run a a workshop on fundraising
- Use our social media for support and advice from us and other teams in the same boat as you
- Use us to help organise sponsored climbs or abseils in your area
- Bag packing - one school raised over £4,000 from bag packing at Christmas
- Babysitting - one expedition participant paid their whole trip by setting up their own babysitting business
- Car washes
- Cake sales
- Collect ink cartridges for recycling
- Sell old items - ebay, Magic Magpie etc
- Sponsored events
Remember your expedition managers are there to help and support you - use them
Download our Fundraising Pack